Data set information
SVG, D3js, HTML, CSS
Type of visualization
Radial bar chart
Why this representation?
- The data used for this experiment is collected from wind sensors.
- To display the directions of wind as well as its speed, we found the radial bar chart to be the perfect match.
- The concentric circles of the radial bar graph display wind direction by degree and wind speed in knots.
- The radial bar graph shows the prevailing winds for a single weather station – Above is an example image.
- In the red diagram, the bar length shows the average speed of winds when they come from the particular direction.
- The red diagram shows the same data as the wind increases but emphasizes wind speed.
- Bar length is proportional to the average speed and color is proportional to the frequency.
- At the sample weather station, wind flow is rare, and when it does flow, they tend to be light.